Tuesday 14 August 2007

I Don't Beeeeelieve It!

Just a quickie while the footie is on (Everton v Spurs or Spurs v Everton - Who knows? Who cares?) and before I go making notices and posters to take to Stirling. Yep! Sometimes I do take work seriously. What was that? Was that my conscience asking why I am so behind in preparations if I take my work so seriously? Ach, shut it. I've got my knitting projects ready and packed.

Well, I was taking it so seriously that I was down at the shop on my day off. We were making up fabric packs, pricing threads, making lists of what has to be packed last thing before we go, etc, etc. We were so engrossed that we didn't even break for a fag until 5.50pm, when we headed out the back door. (Yes, we have a back door now .... as well as 3 toilets. 3? Yes, 3!) So out we toddled through the communal corridor (close) to the first of the big doors and realised that all was locked and secure for the night. Oh! (or words to that effect!) Guess what. We were locked in. When we arrived at the shop, TB went back out and secured the front doors including the padlock on the storm doors. When I had to go out later on, I just used the other door. Unfortunately, amonsgst the things we are waiting for Rigsby to see to is the supply of keys to our new property - oh, and a handle to the outside of the door. Oh the building is lovely and secure - especially when you are last to leave and you don't have a key.

So ... on to the phone. Got BIL. 'Is anyone free to come down to the shop? We're locked in.' 'Oh. Do you want someone to come down and feed you chips through the window?' 'If the window could be opened we'd be out' (From their kitchen.) ... TMO ... 'Is Nan locked in the shop?' How did that happen?' BIL 'It's Nan ...she's a bit simple.' TMO 'Is she having a hypo?' TB 'Tell them it was my fault.' TMO 'They're as bad as each other!' (She's got great hearing being a teacher.) Me 'No, I'm not having a hypo. We're just locked in.' BIL 'Flora doesn't have any keys.' Me 'We'll put them out the letterbox.' TB 'How did she get in the other week?' TMO 'Hehehe' BIL 'How did you manage that?' Me 'It was David.' BIL 'Euan's just away out in my car and Gillians car is blocking Flora's' Me 'We'll wait.' TMO 'How did they get locked in?' BIL 'It's Nan - she's simple.' TMO 'Is she having a hypo?' Me 'No!' TMO 'Is the padlock shut too?' Me 'We're locked in!!!' BIL 'Someone will be down the now.'

That was the shortened version. Thank God I wasn't phoning a mobile! And how come everyone can hear everything being said?

And how come an old strange looking bloke with a collie was mouthing obscenities at me when I was driving along a road doing 30 mph (cos I was passing a speed camera but would have been doing 30mph anyway!) and he and his dug were jaywalking? Is it just me or does no-one bother with the traffic anymore and just launch across the road because the driver'll be done not them? BTW, try turning into Avon Street - nobody looks there.

Right - three fronts of slipovers to be knitted at Stirling and a sock and a half just in case. Yes, one front is the Grace slipover one - because I am sooo embarrassed taking the same thing every time I go to the Tramway. Y'never know, I might be wearing it next time. Mind you, I might get caught up in the enthusiasm at Stirling and start embroidering something. Nah! Going to finish my projuects, even if it is to prove I can!

So off to get some coffee and get on with the notices. I will have time when I get back to catch up with everyone on their blogs - I promise. Taking my camera with me this time so I will be able to post some of the work they do.

In case I forget - D - delectable? (Are you sure it was TB you met?) and SB2 - slightly cheekier? (Was that a wee implication there?)

Bye fur noo. Won't be there on Sunday. Off to Stirling. Nan in a van with a man. Oo-er missus!

PS What's orange and sounds like a parrot? Doh! A carrot! No I'm not having a hypo!

3 comments:

Flavaknits said...

Never ming having a hypo - yer going hypo! Have fun in Stirling with the Delectable David (oohhh, Matron!)

Anonymous said...

Cheeky / cheekier .... if the cap fits missus ..... ;0)

Getting locked in a yarn shop sounds like the knitter's equivalent of a pub lock-in to me !

Have fun in Stirling.

Sarah said...

Oh, thank you for the laugh!