Thursday 9 August 2007

There's a Stranger in These Here Parts ...

... yeah, yeah, yeah. So it's been over a month. What can I say? Well, there was the world cruise to start with, then every single yarn producer that ever lived came to visit me and left me samples to try out and then I finished all my UFOs. It's my blog and I'll lie if I want to. In fact, you would lie too if it happened to you. (Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo do)

Actually I have managed to sneak on to show you my pictures of some of my new stash. (I'm not going to tell you how excited I was yesterday cos even I'm not that crude!) But ... guess who left their camera at work. Yep! However, let me just say Lang, Louisa Harding, Debbie Bliss and Noro (I'll not mention the others in case there are any yarn snobs reading this - you know who you are, India oh that slipped out lol.)

I'm not allowed to take any of it to Stirling with me - I have to take a bundle of UFOs to do while I sit between classes. TB is such a spoilsport. Mind you with no car and too far to walk to the bus stop there's not a lot else to do. I suppose I could go and take some of the EG classes but since I haven't bothered my *rse doing any of my C&G stuff yet I don't feel suitably artistically enthusiastic and especially not for stitching! So will get some stuff finished to save me going stir crazy.

Hmmm. Could always take your C&G stuff? Aye, right! Well, I might stick in my Drawing for Dummies book if there is room.

DAFNE and I are not hitting it off. So, I am going for a pump. And yes, my sense of humour has not matured any. Probably Septemberish. At least I won't have to worry about that at Stirling.

Have to go and do some more preparation work but before I go here is a worrying thought ...

TB and I set off for Stirling Uni on Tuesday morning. We stopped in Bridge of Allan for some lunch. Sauntering back to the car, we saw this old bloke with a stick trying furiously to get into the drivers door of a huge black Mercedes saloon parked by the pavement. We looked at each other with that look that asked a thousand questions, the main one being 'Whit?'.

On spotting the black Fiesta behind with who we supposed was the old blokes wife pointing like a looney to the inside of the car where she was a passenger and mouthing 'This one', we guessed he was trying to get into the wrong car. Now ... Mercedes - Fiesta. Both black. Easy mistake? Wife in passenger seat - old bloke driving? Yet again we looked at each other, but with a different look - the one that makes a thousand comments, the main one being 'Scary!'

Will catch up on blogs as and when. Adios for now!

PS Here is a big hello to my new friends from over the pond. 'Hello!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief - you're not dead then ??;0)

New stash sounds fabby, C&G progress sounds not so fabby. 'cos of course I'm finished ...... not.

On old people driving, my Great Uncle John who died in his 90's was driving right up until his death, despite the fact that he was practically BLIND! Auntie Jean used to sit in the care beside him saying "ok John, there's a junction in about 100 yards so you'll need to stop. STOP ! STOP !" and such like. I just thanked god they didn't live in Glasgow ;0)

Flavaknits said...

Bet you got in your car and dashed off before he found his way back to his! Just seen your new stock - mmmmmm - wonder whan I can palm the kids off at Grans again and go a wee wander in Hamilton ?????