Thursday 31 May 2007

Boring Post About A Load of Old Codswallop

Ello peeps.

Just to let you know I am still in the land of the living.

What has been happening? Too much for me to relate in one sitting but I'll give you a wee taste.

Unlike D jetting off to to NY, I hit the road to NC (Newcastle). Didn't pass Jimmy Nail, but did pass several people speaking Geordie. (Howay the lads! Whereye ganin bonnie lass? Away man woman!) Actually the last is TB's customer banter and I hear it all the time. Got the DB hoodie all but finished - 'oh dear I don't have a 4.5mm circular needle so I'll have to get an Addi turbo' (she lied). Guess where I got one - yes, you've guessed, Stitching Time, Hamilton. And guess where it still is. Yes, you've guessed, Stitching Time, Hamilton. Keep forgetting to put it in my bag.

C&G folder came - yippee. Was a bit daunted at first but I am getting into it now. The art and design bit was the bit that terrified me but I am feeling all artistic now. Anyway, I have loads of the materials for that from when I started doing the same course for machine embroidery (but had to stop cos I broke my elbow and couldn't drive through to Cardonald - yes another long and boring story - eh, TAH? lol). But it is all laid out so you know what you are doing.

Down at NC I went swanning into Borders with my list and got nothing on it but did get Drawing for Dummies and a cool knitting stitches book (like I don't have a million of them). Sat sketching in the car on the way home as I started working my way through the drawing book and TB was getting mad at me cos I kept shoving my sketch pad out shouting 'Look what I've drawn. Look. Look.' Am in the process of planning a logo for my designs. (lolol, aye right!)

Went to Monklands to see about this insulin pump. Spoke to the Sister and the Dietitian (both very nice) and then to the doctor (very nice too). You have to go through a lot of processes before they even consider you as a potential candidate to be put forward for one!!! There are only ten, yes ten, in the Lanarkshire Area per year so they are very careful about candidates, as you can imagine. Anyway, I was given a a folder to record food, blood sugars etc and an appointment for three weeks time. Then I went into the doc. She was sooo young .. and a consultant! (Must be getting old.) She was lovely. And not just because she thought I had the medical credentials (hah!). There is a course they run eveery so many months and there is an 18 month waiting list for it. She wanted me to have priority so guess who is going on it from Monday (all day Mon - Fri). A cancellation had my name on it. Yippee. The course is about DAFNE. On Friday we finish at lunchtime and go to the pub for lunch cos part of the course is dealing with eating out. lol oh .. pub lunch is not on NHS! They reckon that some candidates manage so well with this way of managing their diabetes that they can manage without a pump, so maybe I won't need one. Going onto a pump is the next step after DAFNE cos you pretty much manage your diabetes the same way except without having to inject.

Anyway, blah, blah, enough about that.

Off to Hairmyres tomorrow to see about my leg (the nerve thing). Was there a fortnight ago and the doc I saw there (also very nice) seemed to be interested in doing something and she has put her money where her mouth is by phoning me on Tuesday herself to tell me she wanted to see me and the receptionist phoned a couple of hours later with the appointment for tomorrow. I can't believe it. Are things changing for me?

Heather posted a comment on my last post telling I was het. So I have to list 8 (interesting) things about myself. Harumph! Only eight? lol Still thinking about that one (or how will I whittle them down?) Heather has done it and so have Kathleen and India. Wonder if D has done it yet. Maybe I'll tag her if she hasn't.

Soon be KIP day. I'm working so the only KIP I'll be doing is sitting knitting at the table in the ST:designer room (in BH) in front of the window if it gets quiet later on. TB is threatening to get a red light above the table but I don't know why. Have started some try me samples in there - so far got some LH, DB and Rowan on pins - some on bamboo and some on metal (not aluminium). As for Stitching Time, have the Sirdar order in and have ordered some the Baby Bamboo.in it. Aw, it's sooo soft. (The rep looked like an undertaker, lol)

Okay, enough is enough. Going down to do an hour of knitting, or perhaps some sketching? Maybe I'll just have a bath and contemplate eight interestings facts (right now I'd be pushed to think of one - oh wait, I can get a pint glass in my mouth, does that count? And there was that incident in the toilets of the church hall when I ... nah! That's just gross. Well, what about the time when we were on a cycling holiday up the Trossachs and we hitched a lift in a van up The Rest and Be Thankful and ... hmm, TAH, would that count as interesting?) Nope, will have to think about that assignment.

Going downstairs - TB has some sci-fi rubbish on. Gimme strength. Byeeeee.

ps Taped the Josephs when we were away. Sad or what? Ben, Keith and Lee for the final. Lee to win. Want Keith to win. Still wondering why Ben is still in.

No comments: