Wednesday 2 May 2007

No Fork n Hoe, Just a Fork

Well, day off and work, work, work but then no-one said self-employment was going to be easy!!

It is the shop's fifth anniversary this month (five years!) and we have been sorting out the special prices we are doing for May. This is a sort of thank you to all our customers for their custom, loyalty and support over that time and as a welcome to new customers. See the prices listed on the shop blog.

Did 4 rows of TBT after breakfast and then picked it up again at lunchtime. Did 2 rows, no problem, did the third until the end and discovered I had 2 stitches left to do instead of 1. Aaargh, not again. TB laughed and 'Not again!'. I placed it gently on the carpet and left it there. I will have to start marking down the rows as I do them. 1, 2, 3,4. 4 rows, 4 rows! This is getting beyond a joke. It will not beat me. If it is the last thing I do (and it might just be that,cos it is going to be the death of me) it will not beat me!

Sat out in the garden for lunch (before I picked up TBT) and it was lovely. So warm. But .. I was horrified at how much work is needing done out there. I love my wee garden. It is where I get lost in my own wee world. When I did the 9-5 routine, I would go out at the week-end with my headphones on and work away quite oblivious to what was going on around me. Now, I like to do it mid-week on my day off when lthe neighbours are at work and it is nice and peaceful. No music blaring, no grandkids screaming and no having to stop for a blether. (Miserable sod that I am!) I don't use a hoe for the weeding - I get down on my kneeling pad and use my wee fork and give it laldy. I live at the top of Hamilton and we have bad drainage problems - the water streams down from the higher up fields - so the weeds thrive with their own private watering system. But, they don't reckon on me with my Frustration Fork. Oh, how therapeutic!

There are loads of cats about and they all use my garden as a shortcut (lazy things) so when WM comes for a visit, she gets the scent and goes nuts. But she is a wee porker and can't get throught the fence like the cats do. Thank Goodness! I also have to lie the wheely bins on their sides so she can't get throught the gate at the side, otherwise she'd be off and I'd have to go chasing her. She loves that - thinks it's a game - she turns back and laughs at me and then runs away again. Honestly, the ways she runs and jumps about, you'd think she thought she was a wee lamb. But she is my baby, ma WM

So no knitting today apart from the bit I mentioned earlier, TBT put me right off for the day. maybe I should just leave it for a while and finish the LH cardi. But, I like it (when I am not *rsing it up) and I'd like to see it finished. Going to display it with my wee baby doll.

But for tonight, I am off to bed with my hot water bottle. I reckon I will be out for the count as soon as my head hits the pillow. So nighty, night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any time you're feeling particularly frustrated I have a fair sized jungle out the back that could do with some tlc ? No ?

I haven't managed any knitting at all this week so far, not even stuff I'm arsing up ! But the forms have been posted ...... tension mounts ...

Twelfthknit said...

I've posted my forms, too (assuming that we are talking about the same thing!)- but I'm going to be taking things steadily, so I imagine I'll be more of a lagging-behind-than-a-study-buddy.
India