Wednesday 16 May 2007

Catching Up

Three posts in one day. Get a life or what? What's a girl to do when there is football on the telly (WBA v Wolves) and there is broadband lying idle? Will go down for a cosy bit of quality time (lol, TB watching football and me knitting, - at least we will be in the same room on the same settee!).

So, Sunday. As I said before, Carol's crochet tutorials went down very well. Even TAH had a go at crochet (she won a crochet bag kit on the tombola and thought she'd better learn how to do it) but sorry besie mate, you looked as if you were in pain and I did have a wee inward snigger to myself. Mind you, I noticed she had her tongue out while she was doing it - I do that too. Hmm .. strange .. nobody mentions in that in the 'Learn to Crochet' books. Nor are there wee pictures of a mouth with a tongue hanging out. Wonder if your tongue hangs out longer, the longer the stitch. lol double trebles and you're licking your elbow. lol

Heather was there with her daughter Rosie. She was having a go too and Heather started on a jumper that had a crochet ..er.. bit and was getting on with it like a house on fire. Rosie is lovely, and so is Rowan. I had the pleasure of meeting Rowan last week. Heather brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers for us for the shops birthday. It was gorgeous, what am I saying, it is gorgeous. Thank you Heather. What a wonderful gesture.

On Monday, I trotted over to Stonehouse to have a consultation with Dr Zoma (Rheumatologist) about my Lupus. Oh, have I not mentioned that little beauty? Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (aka SLE or Lupus). Now there's a story and a half, but it is boring and I do so want to get down for the quality time I mentioned (ie I want to get on with my knitting - DB slipover in Donegal Tweed Aran) Anyway, I'm not convinced I have it. Well .. a very small percentage of Lupies test negative for it, but get a false positive test for Syphillus. Guess who falls into that lucky group!!! Yep, my life sucks! lol So, appointment was 11.10am and when I did I go in? Yes, 12.50pm. Guess when I sewd up TBT? It was done a bit too quickly for my liking but I kept thinking I was going to be called. More blood taken.

Tuesday, Day off. Oh, what work to be done inside and out. So, sat in the garden in the glorious sunshine with my Jamieson's Cobweb Ultra and got tore into the free pattern from Heirloom. I have only ever worked from a chart when working with colour so that was a new experience for me. But, I quite enjoyed it and managed to get through it okay. I did up to the 40th row on the chart as I couldn't be bothered thinking about counting and watching patterns etc. Might have a go tonight after I have watched The Apprentice. (Recorded - footie on)

Wednesday and back at work. Took some photies. Kathleen, I cannot tell a lie. TBT was photographed on the table in ST: designer room (imagine it in Bradley Hand ITC font) - not on my work surface. Wouldn't have to worry about a flash reflection there. lolol Went to shops to see if new Knitting magazine was in yet but it wasn't. If TB reads this - I popped down to the Post Office to post a parcel and there was a massive queue. When I got back I had a hypo so guzzled some Lucozade. Yuck - gave me wind. (TMI) Came home, had tea, did some books stuff, came on here.

Have decided I must finish some UFOs. God, I hate sewing up and especially when it is nagged2k stuff. It's a dirty job ...

Quick look at some blogs. (Hark, I hear a midget with coffee and biscuits. Back of hand to forehead - I feel faint!!) See what tricks Kathleen has pulled out of the hat this time. Will give Mhairi's a miss - she's going to NY soon and will be rubbing it in and not even offering to take shopping lists with her when she is going to be having sex in NY anyway. (Only kidding Mhairi - have a great time!)

No time to mention others ... only got 8 mins before I go downstairs and shatter TB's peace. Oops, I mean share some quality time with my beloved.

Catch y'all later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a tongue hinger ooter too when I'm learning something. Weird isn't it ? And an out loud counter. I hope I wasn't putting anyone else off with my muttering - 1 double crochet, 1 treble, 2 trebles, 3 trebles - whoops ! bugger it - 3 trebles, 4 trebles ..............

Twelfthknit said...

You've been having a 'great' time lately, haven't you?
Hope you're ok,
India

Flavaknits said...

Sweetie, if you'd like me to bring back some SEX from NY for you, you're more than welcome - will be trying to get American stuff we can't get here - Husband thinks I'm mad!