Sunday 6 May 2007

Sunday Morning Quickie

Just a quickie before we head off down to the shop.

Going to do a bit of painting and cleaning and moving stuff about.

Last night, I managed to finish the centre of TBT and the second sleeve of the LH cardi. Need more wool for the peaks of TBT and just the sewing up and edges of LH cardi to do. I'll see how I am after today. But, yippee, two UFO's nearly done. Thinking ahead, I don't know whether to finish something lurking in one of the bags of UFOs or start something else! Decisions, decisions!

Don't feel guilty about going to shop and not doing garden - it's raining. But .. the garden has never looked so bad in all the time I have lived here. It is really really needing work done. BIL borrowed the lawnmower and hasn't returned it yet (it better still be working - they have a huge garden with lots of lawn to be mown .. and .. I reckon one of the boys has had the dubious task of doing the mowing and they aren't the most careful). I emember when I moved in here, I used to .. wait for it .. clean the lawnmower very carefully after each cut with a cloth and hot water so it was as good as new. Now? TB cuts the grass so I daren't even look at the state of it!

Okay .. off to the shop. Bank Holiday weekend? Well, I suppose I don't work in a bank. Mind you, I reckon we all work for a bank in one way or another!!

ps You know I don't do politics on here ... but ... what a fiasco last week? Cor blimey!

2 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

...but on the plus side, that guy that ran amok (and I dare say a few people felt sympathy for him) did so with a golf club - not a darn sub-machine gun. It's not golf clubs that kill Polling stations - it's people !
And as for the fiasco that you really meant, it was kind of hard to believe, wasn't it?
India

Flavaknits said...

Sunday Morning quickie eh! I am a terrible person who lets the inlaws mow the lawn as they "enjoy" it!
As for the fiasco - kinda makes life a little more interesting.
Desperate to see your shop, but am saving for NY - still....