Thursday 14 June 2007

Felted Crochet Bag



At last, the crochet bag is finished - and felted! Not bad for a first attempt, even if I do say so myself!


Over at Livi last night for a baldie. TAH didn't believe I was learning to draw until I started to show Elsie how to draw a Wuzzy-Woo (don't ask!). She did it very well, so I am sure there are going to be Wuzzy-Woos all over the place.


Over to Monklands today - they are not talking if I get a pump, but when I get a pump. Hotdiggety!!


TB is sooo tired - wee soul - because I have to set my alarm for 3am to check my blood. Funny the things we can do on automatic pilot though.
Got a new book from Amazon. It is Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. It looks fantastic and I am certainly going to have a go at at least one of the patterns. Just flicking through it, I can see there is a bit of knitting history in it too, so that will be fascinating as well. Think Kathleen will love it - if she doesn't have it already. You should have seen the size of the box it came in - TB just gave me that look and asked if I had been ordering from Amazon again. 'Looks like it,' I replied, ''but I didn't think it was a big book.' To give you an idea of the size of the box ... I got four bags of Freedom Spirit in it... for one book?
Can't decide whether to iron and then knit, or knit and then iron. If I iron first, I will get carried away and no knitting will be done, but if I knit first, no ironing will be done. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just do some knitting and then go to bed. After all, I have to get up at 3 o'blooming clock again!
Okay, decision made. Finish here, visit a few blogs, make some coffee, have a wee look at my new book, feel all inspired so have to do a wee bit of knitting, go to bed early. Okey, dokey, evening sorted.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

She does have it already, and she does love it!
(Victorian Lace Today)
So beautiful. I don't just want the shawls though, I want the strappy dresses, floaty skirts, long braids, walled gardens etc!!!
Your crochet bag looks lovely, I thought TB was the crochet expert in your family ;-)
Hope you get the whole pump thing sorted smoothly and soon.
Lovin' your new Knit n Stitch Badge, must go and check it out.
x K

Flavaknits said...

Ha Ha - copied the KnS badge (took me only oooh 'bout and hour!). Bag looks great, think I've forgotten all my crochet - will need to give it a go soon!

Anonymous said...

It's better than not bad - I think it's pretty good !

I've still not started my C&G stuff ...... I'm a baaaaad girl. I'm going to take it on holiday with me - there's no telly on the boat so I'll need something to do !

How's the knitting room coming along - finished yet ?