Tuesday 6 March 2007

Days Off Are For Knitting - We'll See!

Howdie Doodie!

Was contemplating my navel tonight (as you do) when a text came. Ooh, who can this be? It was TAH. What's the volume of a cylinder? Jings! Who'da thought I'd be using my degree while contemplating my navel. It's one thing knowing what it is but have you ever tried to text it? Sent it off. Then ... lack of confidence tapped on my shoulder. Looked for a maths book. Up the loft. Phoned SB (the 1st year Physics student). He said half what I said. Half it? That's not right as I thought of a drum of Glenmorangie. Shouted up to TB. He said the same as me. Meanwhile, the texts were flying. But ... I was right and Elsie had got the right answer. Yippee. Treated myself to a few more rounds of my Tofutsies socks. Dementia, maths degree and canny count. Who ya gonna call? Wee Minty's a better bet.

Elsie (as she will forever be known) is TAH's daughter, LC. Well, it's Victoria but I won't bore you with the details (not now anyway).

So, so much for not starting anything until the UFOs are done. Since I started nagging myself I have got four, yes, count them, four new things on the pins. Grace slipover, Filorosa scarf, Tofutsies socks and another project (no details yet - need to know basis). Not to mention the crochet bag to be finished. Mmmm - might do that tomorrow before I go to the dentist. Eek! Extraction on Thursday.

Kathleen was in the shop today. She brought in a book for me to borrow which was really nice of her. Will study that tomorrow and tell you a bit more about it then.

Went in next door to see the new bit again. The room that is going to be part of the shop is a lot smaller than I remember. Sort of like seeing TB again after he has been away home. (Tsk. I mean because he is a wee midget!) Anyway, it is still going ahead. Just hope we can get all the sewing stuff in there. Should do with a bit of jiggery-pokery.

Was in Mhairi's blog (flavaknits) and she has a picture of a beautiful salad with a lovely free-range egg. Hmmph! We had egg, chips and beans cos I haven't managed to get the messages yet. Another wee job for tomorrow.

Looks like I've got a few things to do tomorrow then. Plus I've got paperwork too. Holy Moley. Better get to bed so I can get up early.

Night, night.

No comments: