Thursday 15 March 2007

Extreme Knitting (or Kill Two Birds With One Stone)

Ola!

Just a quickie - got paperwork to do and can get on the internet just now while Newcastle is on the telly. Must get broadband networked for the house - The new pc with internet is in the spare bedroom and the old pc without internet is in the kitchen. I like the kitchen one for my paperwork because there is loads of room to spread all my stuff about but I can't access the internet on it. Will check out AOL when I finish here.

Have got a few rows done on my New Lanark slipover and another new project has prompted TB to conduct a little survey in the shop. It goes along the lines of 'Do you finish one item before starting another?' 'Do you have more than two projects on the pins at one time then?' 'Do you always do a tension square?' ... and finishes with 'I don't understand you women.' while I just stand there with that 'look' on my face. Well ... have you ever tried to look at more than one person at the same time with a different look on your face for each one? For example, during TB's survey. I am trying to look at him with the 'I told you so' look while looking at the customer with the 'I know exactly where you are coming from' look. I usually end up looking like I'm one ball short of a jumper.

Haven't had to use foldy up stick yet. Could always buy another, take the rubber feet off them, sharpen the ends and use them for one of those extreme projects. Mind you .. I would have to make a gigantic stitch holder in case I had to use the stick for walking. Oh dear, I now have an image of me walking up Quarry Street with a walking stick with 'big' knitting on it flapping about in the wind and all the wool tucked into a bag. I suppose I'd have to knit it up pretty quickly or people would be shouting 'Have you not got that finished yet?' if they saw me a few times. Hope TB doesn't read this or he will get me to do it as a good advertising stunt.Watch the local papers. lol

Oh dear - Newcastle being beat 2-0 at the moment (4-4 on aggregate, but losing on away goals). Tears at bedtime. lol

Okey-dokey artichokey - off to visit AOL Broadband. May be visiting from the kitchen soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't end up with a squint trying to look in 2 directions at once. Hope the leg's a bit better :0)