Wednesday 14 March 2007

I'll Get Stick For That.

Hello and how's yer bum fur lovebites?

Got Tofutsies socks back on track and they are coming along swell. MWM has her eye (cos she only has one eye that kinda works) on them. We'll see. She is MWM after all.

New Lanark Aran is 100g ball - yippee! Enough for slipover. Couldn't be bothered getting the postal scales out so I just got out the 30 year old Weightwatcher scales I have planked at the back of a drawer in the back shop. I wonder if the new WW scales would tell me how many points a ball of wool would have if I fancied eating one. I know someone who has a set and I am going to try it next time I visit. Might have to enter it as lamb though.

Went to shops for Elsie's replacement pressie. Can't tell you what I got her yet but I hope she likes it.

Was hurrying back to the car (yes I took the car!) and it did it again. The leg thing. I wish someone would tell me what it is - I hate surprises! Anyway, was doing the dragging thing up the shopping centre and spotted Boots. 'Right', I thought. 'That's it. I'm going to do it while the bloody thing is on my mind.' The fact that it was on my leg escaped me at that time. I wandered about Boots like the proverbial fart in a sieve and finally had to ask at the counter. 'Do you have a folding up walking stick?' Didn't have any. Drat! Tried to walk away like I was Marilyn Munroe (thinking about the item on walking on the news in the morning) while pretending it wasn't for me because I am far too young for such an aid but failed miserably. Looked more like Jake the Peg with his middle leg missing (remember Rolf and his wee dance?). However, was passing Moss and popped in there and got one. A folding up one to keep in my bag for emergencies. It's huge folded up! Will have to start using my knitting bag for a handbag to carry it about.

To add insult to injury, my toe was giving me jip. I had a look when I got back to the shop. Not a pretty sight - shoe and sock off in the back shop trying to examine the middle toe of my right foot. It looks like the nail of the next toe is digging in and that is why I can't put wight on it. So much for getting my toenails cut by the chiropodist last week!

My life sucks!!

So, just going to treat myself now - coffee, digestive, hottie (no cover!!!!! that image will haunt me forever), telly and a few rows of my New Lanark Aran slipover. 'What? Another thing started before anything else is finished?', I hear you ask. Oh yes indeedy. And, I don't care if I get stick for it cos I have foldy up one already!

See ya!

No comments: