Monday 12 March 2007

Felting Is Not An Exact Science


This is the picture of the knitted garden at the SECC. Isn't it cracking? It was all knitted (with a bit of crochet) - the grass (and daisies), the flowers, the rocks, the crazy paving, the deck-chair , ..... It looks better than my real garden. Hmm .. wonder if I could knit one for the summer.

Here's an interesting story. TB went home to Geordieland this morning. He got off the train and went into the pub for a pint and a bite to eat. There was a deal on for a pint and a burger for £3.50. So he ordered politely asking for no relish or coleslaw and was asked for £4. 'Way no, bonnie lass. It's £3.50,man' (... so you can imagine the accent.) 'It is, but it is 50p extra to take the relish and coleslaw off.' He was gobsmacked. I am gobsmacked. Have you ever heard the like? You don't expect to pay less when you ask them to hold something but now they expect you to pay them for taking something off the plate that they haven't put on to start with. Guess who went to Marks for lunch.

I think I must be ultra naive - is that burger thing normal? Am I missing something? Someone put a dodgy new member on the SnB and was looking for something more naughty than knotty. Who are these people? On a knitting meet-up site? Come on. Am I missing something? Is that computer generated like the spam crap we get on the shop e-mail addresses (and, btw, more is getting missed by the Norton junk mail thing) or is some sicko/perv/bored teenager/etc going in and intentionally doing things like that? Now, I know a few folk who need a reality shot but I am beginning to think that I might I might be one of them. Heavy bit over.
Finished the 'need to know' project last night. Yippee. Actually, not yippee. More 'oh for f..' Oops. 'oh my giddy aunt!'
Since I can't get the hang of putting more than one photo on, you will just have to wait until tomorrow to get the full sp. Let's just say that 'felting is not an exact science' and I will now have to find time to go birthday present shopping.
Leg is not so bad today. Socket is a wee bit tender. I like to amuse MWM by letting her her see it now and then but I amused her more tonight by showing her the 'need to know' project. Found a pattern for a plain v-neck slipover for my New Lanark Aran. Just going to weigh it to see if I bought 200g or 400g. Did I ask at the time? No. Will I have enough? We'll soon find out. No bets on this one! If I can get a hat or a pair of fingerless gloves out of one ball of the Jamie Possum wool, I am going to give Lynnette the other one cos she held back when she was at the SECC on Saturday and I think she wished she had got some. Fingerless gloves, methinks.
Off to get the scales out. Might bake a cake while I have them out. lololololol Fat chance!
See ya later alligator.
ps If the blog shows a big long paragraph - it wasn't like that when I was typing it. Forgive me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know he could have gone for the burger with coleslaw and relish and scraped it off into the ashtray (you can still smoke in pubs down there can't you ?) Right enough they'd probably charge 50p to clean the ashtray then ...

I like to think our ex-member was real and just had this notion that Glasgow S'nB would be a lot wilder than it actually is ! Mainly. :0)