Thursday 15 February 2007

Sky+ and knitting - who needs the real world?

Crochet bag is coming along nicely. Yippee! Got one big square to do and the handle. Then wahing machine time! Managed to suss out what I had done with the two squares that weren't right - all by myself. I am soooo good. So, camera tomorrow for before picture, Mr Zanussi's wee box tomorrow night and Saturday .. the big unveiling! Will take to SnB on Sunday. (Oo-er still have flower to do - might cheat and take one I prepared earlier!)

Today passed quite uneventfully. Unusual for me. But then .. it isn't bed-time yet. Jack and I spent a cosy hour on the couch last night and I knew his Dad was going to be a baddie. Poor Jack - and I think my days don't go too well!


Talking about TV progs - I just love River City and America's Next Top Model ... oh and CSI(Las Vegas - don't like the other two .. maybe New York if stuck) and Casualty. Er and the soaps of course. And Life on Mars is back on and I think it's brill. Hmm .. I really need to get out more. But then, if I do I can't knit as much. Could take it with me I suppose, but I did all that nearly 30 years ago and who am I to follow a trend? Maybe I started it. lolol Anyway, I'm not as young as I used to be and I have to mark everything down now and concentrate more.

We have a pattern in the shop and I swear it is Les Battersby modelling a luverly sweater. It makes me laugh every time I see it. I say to all the customers 'Look, it's Les Battersby' and they look and then look at me and then they smile that smile at me. You know that 'Care in the Community' smile? TB just shakes his head and gives them the 'I know, I know.' look and walks away. I'll put it on tomorrow and let you decide.

MBN (my beautiful neice Gillian) got a new job today. I told her to stop changing jobs - I can't afford all these good luck cards. She starts on Monday. Gets a new car and she doesn't want to get rid of her wee Jiminy. Aw she got it just before Christmas. Gonna ask if she will model some knitted items for me. I know how to take the photos cos I watch ANTM! Must convert her - she wouldn't be seen dead in a knitted item. lolol I'll blackmail her with her Postman Pat and Ninja Turtle jumpers photos. lolololololol

Off downstairs to finish crochet bag. lolol - still thinking about her with her wee intarsia jumpers. lolol

Catch ya later.

No comments: