Saturday 24 February 2007

TMO - spot the teacher

Good day to you all. Hope you are well.

When TMO came into the shop yesterday, I showed her my blog. Comments included - 'What a load of rubbish.' 'That doesn't make sense.' and 'Went. I went. Not I go. I went.' I told her it was a blog and it was blogspeak. 'Tut!' and off she went to the shops. Guess which one of us is the teacher.

TB phoned 4 times and text once while I was sleeping last evening. Never heard a thing. Bliss! Getting a bit worried about how deeply I am sleeping in these stints though. What if I didn't hear TB saying 'Here's fifty quid. Go and treat yourself.' Mind you I would have to be sleeping to hear that cos I would be dreaming.

MIL (TB's mum - mother-in-law) is doing much better. She is not so wandered so the infection(s) must be clearing up nicely. There is talk of her getting out next week but going into respite care. So ... TB will be coming back up. Crikey, better get a move on tomorrow and get the rest of that wool sorted and put away. Maybe he won't notice it. Fat chance!

GSnB today. Good crowd. Good discussion. Good decisions made. Had chips and a coffee. Shortbread and Diet Coke. Didn't go the chips much but had to eat them cos I had had my insulin. Got a bit of my slipover done and a bit of the scarf. Spoke to Kathleen about my comment on her blog and she laughed about it. Oh, thank you!

Afterwards, when I was coming home, all fired up and full of enthusiasm, I got out my knitting and clicked away as I headed over the M8. Next thing a police car pulled up beside me, one of the policemen wound down his window and shouted 'Pull over'. Quite indignantly I shouted back 'No. It's a slipover'.

Going to get changed, make some coffee and get the ironing board out. Might even do some ironing too. Can't watch 24 or Lost cos haven't seen last week's yet. Still to watch Life on Mars, so might watch that. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. No wonder I suffer from stress.

Au revoir for now.

ps Got last square attached to bag - only handles to do. Yippee!

3 comments:

Flavaknits said...

Aahh, the old ones are the best !
(Jokes that is - now I'm catching the tongue tied thingy!)
Glad to hear TB's mum on the mend.
BTW love the wee clock - how d'you do that?

Wee Minty said...

If you put your cursor over the clock face, a wee thing comes up. 'Thing' is a techical term. Then just follow the instructions. There are different styles to choose from. (I got it from Kathleen's blog as well as the visitor counter. Guess the other things are done that way too!)

Good luck. Will watch to see which one you choose. ('Watch' lol)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan

Being a nosey beggar I tracked your blog down. I think I must have flitted through here before - I definitely recognise the dog !

Glad I decided against the chips if they were rubbish ... the cheesecake was pretty good as an alternative :0)