Tuesday 13 February 2007

The Tooth Is Out There!

Was rushing around this morning at the last minute as usual so went hell for leather with the toothbrush. Out came my crown and down the plughole it went! Managed to get an appointment at the dentist tomorrow. 2.20pm.Two thirty would just not have been funny!! Well ... maybe I would have sniggered a wee bit. Can't disguise that it's missing so will just have to grin and bear it. (Groan! - will stop before I get carried away with the dentist and teeth jokes.)

Oh, joy of joys! Ordered some felting needles and they came in yesterday. Can't wait to have a go.My first attempt is to make a name badge to wear to the Glasgow StitchnBitch. But not for this Sunday (at 1pm, The Tramway) cos we have to knit or crochet a flower in honour of St Valentine. Haven't decided what I am going to do yet. There is a lovely corsage to knit in the Louisa Harding Accessories book (TLA is going to do it with Sari Ribbon - yes, both available at Stitching Time, Hamilton) but I thought I might attempt a crochet one. Oo-er, maybe a bit too early - my crochet skills are still a bit limited. However, the worst thing is trying to decide if doing the flower would be classed as being nagged to knit. My life is so complex. Should I get out more?

So the scarf is done for TB and he wasn't too chuffed when I suggested that it could be his St Valentine's present. I thought a card would be enough but the big wean likes to get presents. Aww! I'll make sure wee Minty gives him a big kiss (well, it will save me.)

I'm off tomorrow and apart from the dentist, I am going to spend the day doing what I want. So I am going to force myself to get up early. I might wait until I get my breakfast in bed - lol, I'd never get up. Have a leisurely shower, get dressed and then relax on the sofa with coffee, my scrumptious box of St. Valentine's day chocs - okay a hob-nob- and my knitting. Will finish a UFO and wear it on Thursday.

So until the next time.

See ya.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hello, and welcome to blogland you crazy punster!

Flavaknits said...

Well done on the new blog - ouch, hope the crown gets fixed soon,know what it is like!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blog, am chuckling away already, I just can't wait to read more...

P.S. I got the sum total of one flower at SnB last night so don't fret about knitting one for Sunday!

Kxx