Wednesday 14 February 2007

Felt better ...

Did today go to plan? Of course not!! Who thought St Valentine's day was Thursday and left my pressie in the shop so he could wrap it when I wasn't there? And when he was dropped off at the shop and wrote my card and presented the said pressie, who found they had been given the same (beautiful) ornament as last year?
I ask you!!

So .. toddled off home (to relax, knit, telly ..) only to have a hypo (yep, diabetic). Plans on hold. Okay, sorted washing, put in machine and did some paperwork. Logged off pc and made coffee. Yippee knitting time. Oh, hold on .. washing done. What's that? Oh, no! Only my gorgeous Louisa Harding Kimono Angora beanie hat looking like a former shadow of itself! Yep. Managed to put it in with the wash and felted it. Mixed emotions. Swore a bit, tried it on for a laugh and then .. flash of inspiration! Why not throw it in again and use it to make your felt badge? Every cloud ...

And there is always knitting to do to cheer you up. Oh, first of all, better look out those cross-stitch charts you promised a customer. Hundred of magazines later, had found two. Two! Never mind, got them all sorted. Got knitting magazines sorted and found a knitting pattern I had been looking for (for months) for a customer. Where was it? Folded in half in an embroidery magazine, of course! Every cloud ...

Well, off to dentist. La la la. Sun shining. Quite warm. Gorgeous day. Feeling quite good for once. Temp crown. Impression taken. Come back for new one. WRONG! Temp blah bl blah blah (not temp crown) Come back for impression and extraction. First appointment I could make? - a fortnight! Gone from Jaws in James Bond to an extra in Shaun of the Dead in 30 minutes. Oh, and the bank balance was a lot lighter too!

Ho hum! Not so bright now, are we? Will phone TB. Forgot phone. Home for phone. No time to go to Mum's, so head off to shop. Park car. Head to shops to see if new knitting magazines in yet. Nope. Buy a crochet book (well, I had a voucher!) Head to Marks for bread and milk. Oh dear, have to pass through Per Una. Nice trousers. Turn round and just about go my length and save myself by holding on to a display rack. Very, very lucky. It didn't quite crash to the floor. (I get this thing in my leg. I call it 'the leg thing'.) So, go staggering up to the Food Hall. The leg thing is here to stay. Look like I have been on the Buckie and in for a terr. Trousers flapping, nose now running and milk squashing the iced buns. Meanwhile, have dropped glove and have to retrace steps to find it. Phone TB to pick me up. No reply. Stagger back to the shop.

TB: 'Have a good day off?'
Me: 'Felt better.'

Home. Couch. Hot water bottle. Zzzzzs. Tea made. Blog land. Some lovely comments. Feel loads better. Gonna watch 24 and knit for a while, then go to bed. No plans for tomorrow - just see what it brings.

No comments: