Thursday 22 February 2007

While the cat's away ...

Oh, yummy, yummy, yummy! Been on the Purlescence site and treated myself. While TB is away I should have just got the glass needles but decided to go for the birch cable needles, a magazine and a sweater keyring! See what a good girl I am!

Also while TB is away, I have ordered stacks of new wool but only told him about a wee drop of it. I'll have to go like the clappers reorganising to get it out before he comes back. Ach! Life is to short to worry about whether you have enough room for ... errr, how many? ... new yarns. lol

Oh, yes. And while TB is away, he is still managing to nag me about knitting not one, but two beanies. A brown one and a green one - to match his scarves. Fashion victim? Sad person? Who knows? It won't be this week sweetheart.

How was the birthday meal? A pleasant evening spent in the company of my family, all of us stuffing our faces. I had Caledonian Chicken. Mmmm. Breast of chicken, pan-fried, resting on a bed of haggis with a creamy Drambuie sauce and served with a selection of fresh vegetables. It was wonderful and the portions were enormous. Garlic bread before and no sweet after. My God, the starters were massive. I had been warned the servings were big, but ...

SB (Scottie Boy, MB's brother Scott) was sitting munching away on jalapenos (oes?) It seems he can eat a jar of them at one sitting. Yuck. Strange family I have.

No stitching done yesterday, pile of ironing to do tonight and MBN is coming up to see me. Maybe she will bring a few samples from work. Fruitellas. Yum. Will watch Tuesday's Life on Mars when she goes and do a bit of this crochet bag. I must get it finished. (Nag. Nag.)

So, did you get it? What's brown and sticky? A stick. lolololololol

Don't put any money on the bag being done, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

'Til tomorrow. Chin, chin.

No comments: