Saturday 10 February 2007

Nagging Myself? That Can't Be Right!

Yes ... I'm nagging myself! Must finish all my UFOs. I said I was going to leave them in the living room to shame myself into doing them but they are breeding. I want my living room back. And it's not as if I can move them to the spare room cos they'll just get lost amongst all the other stuff to be done. Plus ... if I put things up the loft I can say goodbye to them cos that is like a black hole of things to be done later as it is.

Anyway, had a couple of bright moments at the end of this week the Lana Grossa man was in. Mmmm. Oh and the new yarns were mmm as well. So not only was he in on Thursday but he was back yesterday to show us some cracking Italian buttons.

Anne ( from now on referred to as TLA) was most disappointed she missed him and I was most disappointed that TB was here!

TB has a list of things he is nagging me to knit (wish he would learn to do it himself!) - a scarf; a hat; a teddy bear and another jumper. That is for starters. The worst thing is he tells the customers he does them himself -and they believe him!!!

So the picture of him shows him wearing a jumper knitted from a King Cole pattern but done in Stylecraft Raffia. Both of which are available in Stitching Time, Hamilton. The Raffia was lovely to knit with and it knitted up really quickly - well, it is a chunky. It has a sort of rustic look and feel to it.

In the process of learning to crochet and am doing a felted crochet bag. It is made of eight granny squares and I have done five so far. However, the first three are great all the same size but the last two are miles bigger. ??? Have to do them again - I am using Twilley's Freedom chunky and it's a pain to take out. Might use them again - will put in the bag of bits.

Better finish - TB has gone to the Post Office and will be back soon and I don't want to be accused of skiving. (lolol - as if!)

Bye for now.

No comments: