Thursday 26 April 2007

Balls for Shawls



Look what arrived today. Yippee! Don't want to put it out yet - want to wait until we are putting stuff through in the 'Designer Room'. BTW, I think I am using that name so much that TB is coming round to it. lol Got Ultra and Cobweb Ultra. It's lovely. No sign of Yarn Forward magazines though!

Have taken a ball each of Ultra and Cobweb Ultra and I am going to knit two wee mini shawls with them for display. 'What, not full size ones?' Aye, that'll be right! And they still wouldn't be finished by the time I retire, so no way. I have decided what I am doing though. I am going to use the Cobweb Ultra to do a mini Heirloom Knitting Daisies Shawl using 4.5mm needles. I had a wee go at starting it tonight but got to 30 rows and noticed a wee hole where there shouldn't have been a wee hole, so .. croak, croak. Wanted to get the LH sleeve done anyway, so wasn't too bothered. In addition, I want to use my rosewood 4mm needles to do the Ultra mini shawl (using them for LH). I am going to use a Patons pattern and cut it down to about 30 x 30 (cms, not ins! lol) It has a plain-ish centre and just one border (of peaks), so it shouldn't take (too) long. TB suggested I use one of the (Heirloom) patterns that came, but I think the glare he got was enough to let him know that that was pushing nagged2k just a bit too far! Anyway, I have my eye on one for myself and that will keep me busy for a wee while.

I have knitted one shawl in the past. I did it for MBN when she was expected. I was too busy f*rting about knitting this and that that I left it a bit late and had to go like the clappers to get it finished before she was born. Luckily she was 3 weeks late and it was finished in time. However, it put me off shawls for life - especially with all that pinning and stretching nonsense - so MB and SB didn't get one of their own. But ... now I feel guilty and am considering doing them one each now. 21 and 18? They won't think I'm mad, they know that anyway!!!

So, I'm off - just a little one tonight. Actually, I'm off to get rid of this eye make-up. My eyes are gowping. Must be needing a new mascara.

Nighty, night.

ps (Added later) Have put first Blogland Special on shop blog. Worth a look! ... and thanks Heather!! Link sorted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, hate to tell you this Nan but your link to the shop blog in the main body of your text takes us off to some impostor's site and not your place at all ! The one in the sidebar is fine tho'. :0)

Flavaknits said...

Loving the Panda etc.
If I didn't have two small boys I'd be in your gang too -Callum is helping type this!x azq

Flavaknits said...

NB - just joking about the bee. LMAO at that story! (Think this may be comment no.4 - going to bed now!)