Saturday 21 April 2007

But Why No Gloves?






Well, there it is - the New Lanark Aran slipover. I apologise for the model. She doesn't like having her photo taken and the photographer wouldn't take the shot if he had to cut her head off.

Another one has been started (4 rows of rib done) using the Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed Aran sitting on the model's right shoulder.

Almost at the shaping of the Louisa Harding Kimono Angora Cardigan now and would have finished it by now if I hadn't fallen asleep on the two occasions I was working on it. Sometimes I look at it and think I don't like it and sometimes I think I do. Will reserve judgement until after completion.

I can't get the hang of the download images palaver. Mhairi does it by altering the html. I am going to have a go but I will wait until one of the long weekends so that I have time to spend time on it. However, I have decided that the website must be published and soon, so I guess I will be working on that a fair bit. Various reasons for it not being done yet .. blah, blah .. but when we started to populate the software we had (and had spent a bit of money on - software, maintenance and training) it just wasn't what I wanted so we are going to start again from scratch. (Cor blimey, not all that again!)

Meantime, how do you like my t-shirt? Available from Stitching Time, Hamilton in all the usual t-shirt sizes and, unusually for these sorts of t-shirts, great quality for the super-duper price of £10. Have your own 'she'd have to be drunk to knit that' photo in place of the groooooovy little Aran effort for only an extra £2. Indeed, why not go the whole hog and have the text changed too if you fancy it. I am going to get a 'nagged2k' one done - I have a 'Stitching Time' one already. (Must look it out now the weather is improving.)

That's all the excitement you're getting from me this evening - don't want the blood pressure getting too high. Found a wee baby bonnet needing finished and want to get the LHKA cardi back finished tonight, if not a front started. Have a pile of things needing knitted for display in the Designer Room (kinda slips off the tongue!) so I'm being nagged2k again.

So, it's goodnight from me, and it's goodnight from her (up the top).

ps Some of those Josephs are a weeee bit grating.


























































































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely slipover and nice trick distracting us all with the background in the photo. Next time Al's taking a picture of me for the blog I'm going to stand in front of my stash .......

I've just emailed Fiona Morris to get the registration forms 'cos I don't have anything else to do in life really and starting a whole other course seems really sensible to me. No ?

Heather