Sunday 22 April 2007

City and Guilds - Watch Out, Wee Minty About!


Here is the back of the LH Cardi. It is growing on me cos it looks stunning under the light when I am knitting at night. Getting through the left front and would have finished it by now if I hadn't had a hypo and fallen asleep afterwards. Ah well, c'est la vie!
If you happened to read the comment on my last post, and even if you didn't, Heather and I are going to embark upon a journey of discovery aka City and Guilds 7922. This is a certificate in hand-knitting. Just at the registration stage at the moment but really looking forward to it. Prepare yourself for highs and lows of that one! Actually, I'm a bit nervous of being Heather's study buddy. She is sooo modest about her work. Check out her blog and compare it with mine for FO's. I am a 'does exactly what it says on the tin' kinda knitter while she is creative! In my defense though, if you are being nagged2k you have to knit the pattern as is (okay I might change the colour for the less imaginative) but I'm a lazy old cow and it's a brill cop out!
So, I hope to blow the cobwebs away and get the brain working again.(Again? - didn't even know you had one - TB)
BTW, had a nice long soak in the bath accompanied by this month's Knitting magazine. Had had a quick flick through when I got it, spotted the LH cardi and started it and also saw a couple of knitted beaded necklaces that I thought I'd go back to after the cardi. So, looking for something to read in the bath, took the mag with me. Before I even got to the necklaces, I couldn't believe it, the editorial told me that the necklaces were designed by Fiona Morris. Fiona Morris is the lady who is running the C&G course. Fancy that! Oo-er well spotted though ... here was me planning a bit of plagarism before I had even enrolled. lol
You will notice that I haven't got round to looking at the html yet - massive paragraphs!
Off to get on with the cardi (didn't even look at the wee bonnet - Tuesday methinks!)
Catch you anon.
ps Have started a sensible blog for the shop. Sensible? Me? Yes, well, it doesn't do anyone any good playing the fool all the time - sometimes you just have to put your hair up and hang tight for a while.

3 comments:

Flavaknits said...

Well Done You - hope the course goes well!

Anonymous said...

Wheesht woman ! I'm blushing - I'm honestly not that creative, I muck up as many things as I have successes with so I wouldn't worry about any competition :0)

Kathleen said...

Good to hear you're doing the City and Guilds. I could be tempted next session once I hear how you two get on. I really like the Lanark slipover from the last post, bet you'll get loads of wear out of it. The way the Louisa Harding is colour pooling(but in a good way) it looks kind of like and Argyle pattern :-)