Saturday 14 April 2007

I've Got a Big Hole!

Howdie!

Well ... moaning over yesterday - will try not to bring it up again. I was doing this for a laugh not for a sounding board after all!!

Anyway, managed to do a bit of my sock. No, make that socks. If I say sock I might not do the second one. I hate doing things in pairs cos I know I still have to do another one once the first one is done. Maybe I should have done just one big sock for both feet (like the ones Billy Connolly used to go on about although I don't suppose the ones advertised in the Sunday Post were Tofutsies ones!) I have turned the heel and am dreading the 'do it long enough' bit. Do I use a ruler? Do I use one of my existing socks? Do I put my big smelly foot in my knitting? Will post a photo of the first one when it is done and that might spur me on to do the other one. Well that and a frozen foot. Although ... cotton .. lacy pattern .. frozen foot and one not so frozen?

Fancy doing some wooly ones for next winter but only after I knit some fresh new fingerless gloves. This winter's got a bit scabby through mega use. Boy, do they make a difference! (Or was that because I wore a pair of fingerless gloves under a pair of fingerless mitts? Better do at least one pair of each!)

TB was up at the crack of dawn and headed off to the shop. He returned about 20 mins later. Forgot keys. If I hadn't been so out of it with my leg I would have lmao. Anyway, hurrah, I've got a big hole but it is covered with a huuuuge plastic bag to stop the stoor escaping. The joiner is coming back tomorrow to put up some wooden bits (technical terms again). TMO took me down to see it - only after I said if she wouldn't I would get a taxi. She had seen me earlier in the afternoon and diagnosed me as unfit to view holes - mine or otherwise. I did feel a lot better - honestly!

What a hoot! We started putting wool back in the cabinets and she was complaining about how long it was taking her and how hard it was. I told her no-one said it was easy working in a wool shop. I had to show her how to do it. Fill the boxes from the back. Put the wool out so you can see how much you have of each colour before you put it in. Don't wear jaggy rings or bracelets. Don't wear fingerless gloves. Turn the labels to the front. If the labels are sideways, have them facing the same way. Don't put the balls in upside down. Be careful with the doughnuts - they are a bugger cos they fall to bits. Put the newer lot numbers at the back. Blah, blah. Let her off with quite a few things - just wanted it out for tomorrow. lolol

TB has nearly done all of the outside painting including the grills on the windows. I hadn't seen the windows with both grills off before. They weigh a ton. He couldn't believe I had taken them off and put them back myself - I did ask why he thought they weren't off very often.

He has been a wee gem this week.I don't know what I would have done without him. I couldn't have gone to the shop and he was a cracker. I don't know how my leg will be tomorrow but I really have to get in there. However, if I can't, I can't.

Felt quite guilty for making the comment about my neighbour yesterday but when I looked out again and saw her I felt it was deserved and then I saw Heather's comment and I thought 'Yep. You know where I am coming from.' BTW, loved the bit about 'what a bummer' - I hadn't even mentioned that the pain goes through my buttock. lolol

So off to peeps. Hope I get a good sleep tonight.

Catch y'all later.

ps Didn't get to SnK today. Bet the staff were checking the loos in pairs!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

All I can say is don't do my trick of trying the sock on your foot and busting all your bamboo needles as you "delicately tease" i.e. *yank* them over your heel.

Flavaknits said...

We've all started going to the loos in pairs at the Tramway!! (Hearty cackle).
Hoping its all getting a wee bit better!