Wednesday 18 April 2007

Candelabras v Fluorescent Tubes?

Ouch! Back to work today and what a bad move that was!!!

Joiner was in and put up wooden bit (technical bit) to support the hole and a wee ramp because the passage through the hole is uneven. I say passage because the hole is about 30 inches (yes, inches not cms!) deep. Plasterer is due tomorrow.

I took some photos with my phone (and that still makes me giggle) because I forgot my camera but they still come out a bit grainy so I'm not going to publish them. Will mind camera tomorrow. However, there was one I couldn't resist taking (much to TB's disgust - but he's a man and what does he know?). It is the light in the new new bit of the shop. Guess what. It is a candelabra!!!!!!!!!!! Should I leave it or go for fluorescent tubes? Hmmm! Still having dreams about my 'Designer Room' so it might stay. But .. light may not be so good for serious study of yarns etc. On the other hand ... realaxing background music, coffee, chocolates, fragrant pot plants, no children, elegant furnishings, ... candelabra. What do you think? Should it stay or should it go? You must be 18 or over. You must ask permission of whoever pays the bill. lines will close at 9pm, 19 April 2007. You may be charged for any thoughts after that time.

Going for a baldy tomorrow. Hurrah! Now here's a funny thing. I'm growing my hair a bit longer again ... but ... can't wait to get it cut. Strange? No. What is strange is that I'm a woman and I can't fathom out the logic of a woman. lol Anyway, off to Livi and wil see my besi mate (TAH) and Elsie. Yes, Elsie will get her birthday present a month late. Hope she likes it. Well, even if she doesn't, I think she will like it more than the original pressie. (Note to self: get those felting photos back on - the Blog Goblin ran away with them and threw them down a well.)

Yarn Forward magazines are being despatched from 18 April. Hurrah! Should have them by end of week at latest. Can't wait - I really like that magazine.

Must get a wee photo of my New Lanark slipover. I really like it. I am thinking of doing another one in Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed (available at Stitching Time, Hamilton) but I can't decide on which colour to use. Fancied the green but I'm doing my Louisa Harding Grace (also available from Stitching Time, Hamilton) in green so ... going for the pink. BTW, like anything else, the photos on the link don't do justice to the actual colours of the yarn. Oh, I know what knitting I am taking to Livi tomorrow. (Another note to self: look out pattern and needles and put in - another - bag to go with me tomorrow.)

Must get a van - the number of bags I take with me every day - handbag, briefcase, lsd box bag (those M&S food bags are just the berries!), food bag, washed towels and mugs bag, thngs to go to MWM's bag, dry cleaning things bag, things I have been working on at home bag, knitting bag, .. blah blah .. etc. Yeah, yeah and TB will say the biggest bag is driving. Oh, ha ha, very funny, I don't think!

Fell asleep and missed The Apprentice tonight. Snoring woke me up in time to watch the You've Been Fired bit and it was the quantum physicist, Sophie. lol Not a wise move to say how you don't like selling .. to Sir Al. They are doing the buying and selling 'Art' next week. Must set it on the series link. Missing 'Life On Mars'. I was quite emotional last week when it finished. (Saddo!)

Anyway, off to bed. Long day tomorrow.

See ya. Wouldn't want to be ya.

1 comment:

Flavaknits said...

I was devastated when it finished too - DCI Tyler was pretty hot eh!
Still saw the boxed DVD set in WHSmiths .....