Wednesday 25 April 2007

Eats Shoots and Leaves



Don't worry - it's not the awful panda joke. Instead, I'd like to introduce you to Toonie. This is Toonie the big one. Jamesie, the wee one, is too busy posing beside the Wendy Pure to have a tea-break, do some knitting and have a photograph taken!

Because my two new little friends are black and white, there was only one way to go as far as names were concerned and that was down the Newcastle United road. Toonie is after Toon Army and Jamesie is after St James' Park.

I thought I would get a little assistance from TB, since he is a Magpie, but, no. All I got was a shrug of the shoulders, a shake of the head and some inaudible muttering. Well, inaudible apart from the words 'crackers', 'getting' and 'worse'.

So, Toonie is knitting a little something with the Wendy Pure in a beautiful soft shade of pink. He should have gone for one of the other colours, because the wee cross-over cardigan is in that shade, but once a panda has made up it's mind ... Perhaps, when the rest of my Rowan bamboo yarn (eventually) comes in, he will knit something up in that. Mind you, it is sooo long since it was ordered that I can't remember what colours were ordered. Meantime, there is a lovely beige-y shade sitting on it's ownsome thinking it has been stood up!

At shaping of LH cardi right front. Was so pleased with my progress, I had to go and get a new dummy so it would have something to wear it when it is completed. Hope the dummy fits it! Never mind, if it doesn't there will be a bit of clothes swapping then I can knit up somthing else to show off.

CG update - nothing back from Fiona yet. Honestly, it's like waiting for the exam results coming (well, like it was in the days when the exam results came in an envelope through the letter-box). Mind you, since I don't know if I will hear by post or by e-mail, I am jumping on my mail-box every two minutes, so, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose! lol

India is going to be doing it too, so there is a wee gang of study buddies (is there a collective noun?) building up. So, in the words of he who shall forever remain nameless, d'ya wanna be in my gang? C'mon Kathleen, you know you want to!

Designer Room update. Opening through is completed. Wall lights to be removed, then room painted and carpet cleaned. There are sheets of sticky stuff on the windows and I am dying to get it off. I had a wee poke about at it and it is going to be a marathon task. However, I have a few bottles of Sticky Stuff Remover at the ready. (Right, how can this question not deserve a pure sarky answer. 'What's that for?' Not once, but twice, TB set himself up for 'Removing sticky stuff.')

Got my new stick-y out signs put up outside (not much use inside) and it's great. It feels even more like a good old-fashioned, wee wool (and not forgetting, sewing) shop. I love all these 'American' style shops, they are wonderful, but they are not me. I see the 'Designer Room' in that sort of vein but I wouldn't put any money on it being like that after a wee while. lol, when I think about how the shop was when I opened. lol Goodness, I thought then that if in five years time and things were going well and the chance to get next door came up, I would expand. Wow! I would never have thought that I would have been in next door and going in next door again!

That's all for now folks. Off to watch The Apprentice and finish the right front and, hopefully, start the sleeve. (But not before I have done a wee bit blogging and seen what has been going with people who have lives.)

Missing you already!

1 comment:

Flavaknits said...

Can't wait to see designer room - my secret project would look great! Except the yarn is 100% acrylic (don't scream, honestly its not that bad!)
Been knitting out our back and there are HUNDREDS of bees, Callum keeps yelling, er a bee er a bee! Fortunately its just the flowers ahem, weeds they're after!