Thursday 19 April 2007

To Bee, Or Not To Bee? That Is The Question.

Been to Livi and had a baldy. Also had some strange conversations with topics such as 'How do insects have their babies?', 'Cats don't have belly-buttons' (Buster was used as an example - much to his disgust), 'How should Nan refer to Andy (TAH's husband) on her blog?' and 'Hamsters and the life expectancy of'.

Elsie liked her birthday presents - didn't mention the original one but will fess up next time I see her and I don't know if TAH happened upon the topic before the Blog Goblin ran away with it .. it will all come out in the wash as they say even though it hurts me to use such an (in)appropriate cliche. However, Elsie is a Suicide Bunny devotee and into rings n bracelets n stuff so probably alls well that ends well.

The choice for Andy was between TAHP (the auld hoor's pimp) and MTM (Malcolm the Monkey - don't ask). Outcome? Forever and ever, Andy will be known as MTM. Lol - when I was leaving I did say 'Cheeriebubs, Malcolm', much to his horror and much to the delight (at his reaction) of TAH and Elsie.

Was going to post the picture of me in my New Lanark slipover but the camera batteries were needing recharged. Oh, thank the Lord! TB wouldn't cut my head off in the photo and I hate having my photo taken, so I look like a tube. Anyway, will get the charger out and leave it to work overnight. Not because I am desperate to have my pic published, but I want to take some more pics.

Managed to knit 2 rows of my Debbie Bliss slipover at Livi. Yes, 2 rows. 2 more than I usually manage. lol. Elsie has a pair of fingerless gloves (or Hobo gloves as the fashionistas call them) - I think I will knit her a pair. She was talking about stripey ones. So I will raid my stash and see what I come up with. Yeah, yeah. We'll see if that materialises. It did make me laugh though because she sniggered at mine when I took them over when I had finished them. I'm such a trendsetter!!

So ... what's with the title of today's drivel? Oh, my giddy aunt, I'm still getting shivers up my spine with the thought of it!)

We came home from work last night and I spotted a huge bee beside the drain in the wee sinky bit in the middle of the sink (technical term). 'Oh! Look at that bee!' The reply was not 'My! It's huge!' (or words to that effect) but a swift turn of the hot tap. 'Oh! I only meant look at the size of it, not kill it!' 'Too late now.' The hot water was getting hotter and I left them to it while I took my jacket off. 'Oh for goodness sake' (or words to that effect) 'It's away. Turn the tap off.' 'No. It's still there.' Sure enough, the scalded bee was still there and clinging onto the edge of the drain for dear life. then ... down it went. Shook my head and headed off to powder my nose. On my return, the tap was still running and the window was starting to steam up. 'Aw, come on.' (or words to that effect.) 'Honestly, it's still there. Look.' Sure enough, the bee was back. Ten minutes later and no hot water it was decided that the bee was indeed a goner this time

24 hours later....

Dropped TB off before I headed off to Livi. Went into kitchen to take a couple of painkillers before setting off and TB went to fill the kettle. 'It's back.' 'What is?' 'The bee' 'What bee?' 'The bee from last night.' 'Aye right!' (Or words to that effect.) 'It is.' 'Aye right.' (Or words to that effect.) 'It is. I'm telling you.' 'Stop winding me up.' 'It is.' 'Oh move over and let me see then. You and your wind ups.' (Or words to that effect.) I looked into the sink and (there go the shivers again) the bee was, climbing out of the drain. It was pure black and about twice the original size. 'Aaaaaarrrghh! Get rid of it.' On went the hot tap again. Would it go? Not bloody likely!!! Then, from someone who was only commenting on the size of it originally and was horrified at the cruelty then bestowed upon it, came the shout 'Pour bleach on it. That'll get the wee b.' Bleach was duly poured along with the hot water and I went to powder my nose before the journey.

So, ready to leave, I went to get the car keys from the kitchen and have a look at the empty sink. Ha ha. Got you this time. 'Aaaaaarrghhh! It's back!' It was on the top of the drain. 'No, man. It's deid! I told you.' My stomach churned all the way to Livi.

Anyway, came home and went to check that TB had got rid of the body. Had he? No.He had been on the computer all the time I was away. 'Could you not get rid of that?' 'Ach, man! Just get some kitchen roll and put it in the bin.' 'Aye that'll be right.' (Or words to that effect.) You do it.' 'Just scrunch up some kitchen roll.' 'No. You do it.' 'No you do it.' 'You do it.' It is still there (cos TB quickly went to bed and I'm, sure as Hell, not doing it). And if I go down the stairs tomorrow morning and it is NOT there, I guarantee, no matter where you happen to be, you will hear me scream!!!

Boy, I had some strange dreams last night, but if I dream about bees tonight ....







3 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

....maybe putting it out the window was an option.....?
INndia

Anonymous said...

Elsie was well chuffed to see her mousemat on your blog - TAH

Flavaknits said...

A cup and piece of card works every time for me....take it your none too fond of honey!! LOL