Friday 20 April 2007

Beegone With You!

Bee was disposed of with all the great dignity befitting the Rasputinesque murder of said bee. Rubber gloves, empty fag packet and picky up stick thing with pincers (technical term). Amen.

Hole update. Waiting for plaster to dry so painting can be done. New towels and a various assortment of toilet requirements in place in (third!) toilet. (Add to snagging list - toilet is not flushing. Er .. thank you whoever brought that to my attention, although a written message may have been more appropriate.) New Designer Yarns stand has arrived. Candelabra is staying as a fitting fixture and probably as close as I will get to my vision of how I would like the room to be. Soz, girls! Still going for the Designer Room sign - akin to 'Ralph's Room' in Slaters.

Knitting update. Have now completed 4 rows of Debbie Bliss slipover. Put it aside in favour of the Louisa Harding Kimono Angora girl's cardigan as featured in this month's Knitting magazine. The magazine has a new look which is very nice. The Miss Millie pattern book and Louisa Harding Kimono Angora and Kimono Ribbon are all available from Stitching Time, Hamilton. This project is a nagged2k project. The garment in the photo is done in the blue colourway, both shade 2, as used by Kathleen for her gorgeous scarf, but I am doing it in the lilac colourway, both shade 4.

Bought a new dummy today. It is still too big for the Wendy Mode crossover cardigan display but I am going to undress Wee Baby Bowie, (yes - all the 'good' dummies have names) and dress it in the said cardi and cute wee dress,

Mhairi slipped into her blog that she is off to New York and in between seeing the sights she is going to indulge in some SEX. There's an idea for a telly programme - Sex in the City. Major cities and the best places for sex. Wonder if Hamilton would qualify for an episode. I like Mhairi's blogs but she is such a tease. She slips in little titbits and leaves you gagging for more. She has a Secret Project on the go and was giving nothing away. Then, she had it with her at the last KnS, the one I couldn't go to because of my leg, and afterwards posted a picture with just enough detail to keep me guessing. Naughty girl, but just shows you - accountants get an unfair 'boring' reputation.

Sky+ goblin ran away with my recording of Ugly Betty and put it down a well. Too many goblins running away with things and putting them down wells.

Time for beddie-byes. No Yarn Forward magazines have arrived yet ... but maybe tomorrow?

Oh, Mhairi. Here is a wee story about knitting for your stateside visit. A customer story and I promise not to embellish. Said customer was over in New York for a long weekend. She was doing the sights although it was really cold. Up the Empire State Building she wrapped her Jet Whisper scarf around her head and neck and put her hat on top. (In case you don't know, Patons Whisper is an eyelash yarn and Jet is a lovely black, white and grey mix) A woman came over to her and said 'I hope you don't mind me saying, but I was just admiring your beautiful ... beard.' lol (Oh! And guess what she was in to buy when she told me the story - yep, more Jet Whsper to knit her friend a scarf.) lol Moral of story? Pride comes before a fall? Who cares, it's just funny.

1 comment:

Flavaknits said...

You'll have about 3 comments from me today as in catch up mode. WON'T be taking any Patons Whisper scarves with me, but taking Colinette enigma vest!! Can you hear the comments now - and me going to NY for SEX (Stash Enhancement xcercise of course!!)