Sunday 8 April 2007

Happy Easter



Happy Easter!


Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you.
This is the wee crossover cardi I started at the SnK last Sunday before my major hypo. (The dress I did not make - lol - it is George at Asda.) The wool is Wendy Pure, available at Stitching Time, Hamilton. It is the Wendy bamboo yarn. It was lovely to work with and it is nice and soft.
so why is it being displayed on a minging coathanger and not on a dummy? Well ... for display garments I usually do the largest size with the fewest number of balls. This saves me breaking into a ball for a few rows. You know how irritating that is!! I knew where I was going to put it, had been to Asda and picked this cute wee dress, got it finished and couldn't wait to get it on display. Cut all the labels off the dress. Got a dummy. Unbuttoned the dress ... too wee for dummy. I know .. I will leave the dress unbuttoned and put the cardi over it and no-one will be any the wiser. Wrong. Cardi was too wee too! Best laid plans and all that. Coat hanger jobs. I hate them. They look nasty and cheap but there isn't room for loads of dummies - especially when the biggest one of all keeps moving about (TB, lol)
So what is going on with the extension? Er, that will be a big zero. Not a happy chappie at the moment.But, every cloud has a silver lining .. no extension, no rent due!!
TB might just be coming round to my way of thinking for it though. Wait for this one. We were down at Homebase buying paint in anticipation and TB said that maybe we should get some plants for through there. I had a wee vision of my 'By Appointment Only' room and added a couple of standard lamps, occasional tables and jardinieres. A chaise longue appeared but then I came back to reality when I heard "Magnolia or white?"
TB has started painting the outside window frames. Unfortunately, the weather has not been too good over the weekend so the job isn't finished yet. However, it seems that someone was telling customers to kick the ladders as they went past. Hmm. Wonder who that was?
Not had much of a rest this weekend. Been doing a bit of work, stood ironing all day yesterday and doing some nagged2k knitting. Two beanies - one in Patons Moonglow and one in Wendy Moiselle. That's because they are both on special this month as well as Gedifra Inizio, but there is already something knitted up in that. Have also finished the New Lanark slipover. Yippee! It fits me so TB has had it! lol Will wear it tomorrow. Going to finish the Gedifra Filrosa scarf today so that will be another UFO completed!!
Oh well ..things to do, places to go, people to meet n all that.
See ya.


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

That wee cardigan is lovely. It looks fine on the hanger by the way. x K

Anonymous said...

Very cute ! I especially like the edging :0)