Tuesday 17 April 2007

Gosh! A Galosh! A Posh Galosh!

Evenin' all!

Here is what I've done of the first Tofutsies sock. It looks massive. Might have to give them to MWM cos she has massive feet. The pattern is from the last issue of Yarn Forward magazine. (And guess what! Stitching Time, Hamilton is going to be stocking it. Hurry, hurry, hurry before they are all gone!)

Remember my dilemma about measuring my feet? Tried using a ruler but I still had my trainers on so I thought that was a bad idea. (Mind you, could probably get them on over my trainers - ooh, galoshes!) Decided to go for the smelly foot in the knitting option. Yeah, a bit loose above the ankle but my feet and legs do swell up a bit and my poor wee leg-ends look like fancy table leg-ends when I take my boring old shop bought socks off so they might just be being kept. Soz MWM!

So after I did that I happened upon the comment Kathleen left on my last post re the measuring lark. It seems she found out that her bamboo needles were from a bad batch when she was trying her sock on her foot so I should be careful. I wondered and wondered what on earth she was doing with the needles over her ankles - I just slipped my little tootsies in and the needles just came halfway up the sole of my foot. Was she trying them on upside down? (Toeless socks? Nice for sandals, I suppose) She couldn't put them on from the top down. Could she? (As far as I know she has two legs and isn't a contortionist. Is she?) Nope. Couldn't fathom it. Oh, wait a minute!! Maybe, she hadn't turned the heel yet and was measuring the length down to the heel from the top, not from the heel to the toes. Honestly, I shouldn't think. It hurts my head- even with these painkillers. Sorry Kathleen, but my imagination and limited thought processes allowed me a good laugh at your expense. Think of it as Care in the Community.

Back still sore but going back to work tomorrow. Probably shouldn't, but needs must n all that. Was supposed to be meeting some friends from my previous existence for lunch today but had to take a rain-check. Amongst other things, I want to see how my hole is. There are some chairs and tables through there and I wonder if Rigsby (the landlord) is chucking them out. I know where I could find a wee home for them. They would be useful in the back room where I hope to hold classes. I'm not going to do them all myself. Good Lord! But if anyone is interested in holding classes or meetings, I know where there is a good-sized room to let (reasonable rates). And .. there is a secret passage to a scrummy wee wool and embroidery shop which could be made available in or out of shop opening times!! Seriously though, it would be a grand way of making a few extra pennies if anyone was interested.

Also want to know if my copies of the afore-mentioned Yarn Forward magazine will be there. Yummy! We are going to be getting some other magazines in too - Simply Knitting. Knitting, Vogue and whatever else I can get my mitts on. Yippee! I can hear TB now 'There will be no work from you then?' when the new issues arrive. 'You have to know your products, Sweetheart!' lolol

So, I am heading off to bed now. I've climbed the wooden hill and I'm not going back down until Morning Time. (Rockin', rollin', ridin' ...lol Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart has a lot to answer for!)

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I can't thank TB enough for looking after me the past week. Especially since I know now that he is in a lot of pain himself after all the work he did on Sunday. The only reason I know is that he took painkillers today and he doesn't do painkillers. I think it was the window grills that did it. They weigh a ton. Honestly, they are seriously heavy. It is bad enough taking them down, but trying to get them back up (especially on your own) is not recommended.

So nightie, night. Sleep tight. Don't let bugs bite.

No comments: