Saturday 14 April 2007

Getting On My Nerves

G'day!

So it is a glorious Saturday afternoon and why am I at home and not at work? And if it is so glorious, why am I not taking advantage of being at home and working in the garden?

Well, folks I am off because it seems I damaged my femoral nerve whilst passed out on a toilet seat in the Tramway the other week! It is so painful that I can't do anything - can't stand too long, can't sit too long, can't lie too long and can't walk any distance. I've said it before and I'll say it again - my life sucks!! Should change the name of my blog. Anyway, all this health nonsense is getting on my nerves. Wouldn't mind so much if I could knit for a wee while but I can't. Won't stop me trying later though when the painkillers kick in. Have to wait about two hours then I get about an hour when the edge is taken off then I I have to wait until I can take the next lot.

I have to take another tablet before going to bed. It does something to the messages being sent along the nerve and the idea is that I can get a sleep. Yes, I haven't been able to sleep and since I can sleep anytime, anywhere, it will give you an idea. Funny thing is ... when I was reading the gumph that comes in the box, the tablets are also used for children who bed-wet. So, no problems there then. lol

So ... the wall saga. The builder came in on Thursaday to start and the landlord has told him to use some sort of saw (too technical for me). I expect because it is quicker and cheaper. However, TB knows about the mess and stoor these saws create so he had a wee word with them. Could you imagine the yarns when they come round to this side to start cutting? Doesn't bear thinking about. There was no mess the last time we cut through, so here's hoping the wee word gets through. TB will be staying late tonight to pack up the yarns and then has to be down at the shop tomorrow at 9am for the work being done.

I am more bothered that I probably won't get to the KnS tomorrow. Oh dear! My one and only place of solace.

Oh well, must go and change position again. Stand or lie this time? Decisions, decisions. Just glanced out of the window and have seen my over the back neighbour out wearing shorts and a halter neck. Aaargh! That is such a scary sight. Since my chosen place to stand is in the kitchen at the back door, I think I will go and have a lie down. I wouldn't be able to see her from there but just knowing .... groan ....it's enough to make you heave!

So ta-ta for now. Hope to be a bit cheerier next time!!

ps Big thank you to TB and TMO for their help and caring over the past few days.

3 comments:

Flavaknits said...

Poor You - it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Hope the painkillers kick in soon - will miss you at KnS, but will be knitting my secret project for all my wee fingers are worth!

Anonymous said...

Aw Nan- bummer. That sounds really painful :0(

Have to say tho' if you want to see women inappropriately dressed for their figures (and their ages ! meow !!!) you should have been with us up Loch Lomond today. Sheesh - someone should really tell them that shorts and crop tops are not a good look past, say 17 ? Or past 17 stone !

Twelfthknit said...

Sorry to hear that your leg is so sore - it's bad enough to be in pain dduring the day, but when you can't get a good night's sleep it just makes it a whole loy worse. I am taking a fairly educated guess that you have been prescribed amitryptaline or some such. It's bizarre (rather good, really) that drugs that have originally been developed for one condition have helped another. So, some medications which have been developed to treat epilepsy or depression, say, are very good at treating nerve damage, for example When my heart probs get sorted, I'm going to be on a sub-clinical dose of an anti-depressant as it's good for migraines. Amazing, eh?
Hope to see you soon,
India